Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gorgeous meeting!


Because of my YamDaisy project I try to keep in touch with all the good community food things that are happening around. So through a mention in a post, that sent me to a facebook group, that put up an event ~ I ended up at Edendale Farm at Eltham on the outskirts of Melbourne for the 'Local Food Conversation'.

I'm always a bit worried going to something for the first time. Will the trip be so hard I get there exhausted? Will I have to park far away and walk long distances.... or worse, have to climb stairs?
Will I find out that the meeting wasn't what I thought it was about at all?

In this case: no, no, no and no! Hooray! Plus it was a lovely sunny morning.

We had a room full of gorgeous people involved in local food projects happening in the North East of Melbourne. It was lovely to see the diversity of people and the common themes.

This post is to let you know about all the lovely things happening around here. I am sure I will have missed out some,  but I have a good long list and I will put the best link I can find to them. Let me know if there is a better one! (And any information to add!)

I wonder if you have heard of any or all of them?

Local Food Connect: Facebook Page

Sustainable Gardening Australia: About SGA

And SGA's Pod Program: SGA PODs (Productive, Organic, Diverse, Sustainable Neighbourhood Gardening Groups)

GM Free Network Nillumbik

Transition Town Bundoora: Transition Towns

Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation

Edendale Farm: Local Food Task Group


Food swaps every where and a recipe book being developed to show how to use less common produce!

O, and ofcourse....


I took my (completed!) presentation book and some little cards with web address etc on them, and I had 10 minutes to talk to the group about my project. So next post I will share what I said!



5 comments:

  1. So many positive inputs!It's marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your links are really interesting and it is always interesting to hear about other projects like these.
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your each and every post. Wonderful and interesting too.
    You are welcome at my new posts-
    http://amazing-shot.blogspot.com/
    http://urmi-z-unique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! That' must be a super-exciting time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!
    Babli, how many blogs have you got now? I will check out the new ones!

    ReplyDelete